Some Pictures and stories from Easter Break :)
We went to St. Jacobs Farmers Market on Saturday, for fun and to cross some stuff off the grocery list
--> Bratwurst and Apple Fritters.
Apple Fritters were in high demand that day.
Above is our lunch, Octoberfest Sausage on a bun :)
Left: A very colorful stand in the market.
Right: All of the goodies we found :)
Tess! :)
Last year we started making maple syrup, I guess I should say my parents started making maple syrup. This year I was home for more than just collecting the sap. It is kind of a long process but it is definitely worth it!
<--- Collecting sap. Photo Credit: Dad.
Once you have enough sap, you boil it. And keep boiling it until all of the water is evaporated.
<-- We boil it outside at first because there isn't a big enough pan to do it inside.
Once it has evaporated enough that you can put it into a pan in the kitchen you filter it and then boil it some more.
<-- Dad pouring the sap through the filter.
Boiling the sap on the stove until it becomes syrup!
<-- The whole process takes about 8 hours. Again it is totally worth it. We had pancakes to try the deliciousness.
Mom, Lisa, and I went out for tea one afternoon. It was fun just to spend time together, and the teahouse was very cute :)
Finally on Friday my friend and I took Lisa to the airport. We had about 1.5 hour wait at the border but it went by pretty fast because we were having a good time.
Since August I have been trying to get Lisa to take a picture with one of the many Buffalo we see along the road. She had resisted but I persisted and finally --> Mission Accomplished.
Dropping my sis off at the airport.
Those were some of the highlights of my break. It was very relaxing!
Happy belated Easter everybody!
<3
Those were some fun times! I'm glad I was there for your spring break. Thanks for taking me to the airport!
ReplyDeleteIt is about time Lisa hugged a buffalo. It is good to know how our guard dog is protecting the yard....
ReplyDelete